Monday, May 13, 2013

Having it Out With Cowardice

You made me miss
Out on a world,
A world I can see through
A mirror.
A version of me I cannot be
Because I need you to hold my hand.
To protect you
I judge and later find out I was mistaken.
But not because of myself,
Because they had the opposite

Of you.
The one thing I crave
More than air.
To be adventurous.
You wait for perfection,
Something unattainable
And you know it too.
And here I am
Being kept in place
By you.
If I had…dare I say…COURAGE
You would be gone.
My mind would be
Open.
A blank canvas
For only me to write on.
For me to be myself.
Without your lead weight
I would have so many other
Friends.
Right??
I wouldn’t have stayed
Locked up indoors
While all the other children played.
With only you for company.
I might not have read as many books its true.
But then I would’ve been the character of my own story.
Instead of trying to be a girl with red hair and purple eyes
Or a girl with faith in herself and the power to heal
Or a girl who had the strength to fly.
But alas, I am not.

Would I be a writer today
If you had not forced me this way?
Who would I be without you telling me what to see?
Am I better off with you?
Would I have already ended my adventure before it began
If you hadn’t been there, whispering that waiting would be worth it.
Should I cuss you out
Or kiss your face?
Maybe I will do both.
Because your presence is fading
And I realize you gave me more.
But have you taken most from me?
So I sit with you and decide I shall wait one last time
For the answer to present itself
Because this is what you have taught me.

-Zoe

0 comments:

Post a Comment