Monday, May 13, 2013

Having it out with Darkness

[A/N: This is not a happy thing. Don't read it if you want a happy thing. It's a very unhappy thing. This poem is about my inner battles, the two sides are represented by darkness and light. Moreover, it's based off of my decisions. I feel like they've stained me in some way, and that's why I chose to address them. Also, a lot of these lines probably aren't even required because I keep adding on to it, so feel free to provide input on what is and isn't necessary and stuff.]

When given a choice between darkness and light, darkness will always win.
Darkness will tempt you with unknown secrets, discovery draws you in.
Light is familiar, light is solid, light is safe and sound.
Light is nothing other than content, both feet on the ground.
Darkness is euphoric, darkness is wild, light is calm and quiet and mild.
Light is my savior, I'm the darkness' slave, light is my lifeline, but darkness is all I crave.
I look down deep inside myself, and light is what I lack
I searched for adventure and knowledge, and now my heart is black.
Darkness has me in its grip, and it won't go away
I'm terrified of it, yet I want it to stay.



Light fled from me a long time ago, and light is what I need
I will never have room for light again, darkness is what I bleed.
I can't see the difference from wrong and right,
I'm blind since my darkness extinguished my light.
My darkness is my solace now, my light overcome
My darkness, where all my demons are from.
My purgatory, my own personal hell
Was lying in wait until the day I fell
I fell so far, I fell so fast
The pit I fell into was hopelessly vast.
Though I mourn the day darkness took my breath,
I cheer sometimes, I celebrate my light's death.
I've cried out for help and I've weeped in desperation, but I will never find the path to my salvation.
I've danced with the devil and followed his guide, I've murdered angels and laughed as they died.
Though light is good, light is pure
Light can no longer illuminate the darkness I endure.
Though darkness is evil, darkness is sin,
When given a choice between darkness and light, darkness will always win.

0 comments:

Post a Comment