Saturday, March 2, 2013

Insanity

Insanity
Does not run in my family
Rather
It strolls through, taking it’s time, getting to know each and every one of us
Personally
Before making its way into the next generation.  To give them the gift of
Insanity

Now
It’s my turn.  I’ve been
Waiting
For so long.  Watching everybody else go
Mad
And it wasn’t fair.  They got
Enlightenment
Their eyes opened to a bright new fantastical world.  And I was
Stuck
In the dark, the serenity, the sanctity of sanity.  But it’s my turn
Now

Silence
As it creeps inside of me
Slowly
Lingering about in my toes before
Crawling
Up my legs.  It spreads like
Frost
I wish it would move faster but no amount of
Willpower
Will change its course.  It moves as the tide does,
Steadily
Inching through my very
Being
Before engulfing my mind in a palpable
Silence

Reality
Is a lie.  I can see the truth now.  The way the
Colors
Flow through the air, the way shapes and ideas
Swirl
And intertwine with each other. It’s so much more
Beautiful
Than dull, grey, monotonous
Reality.

-Seb

1 comments:

Madame said...

This is such a beautiful piece. The comparisons, about insanity strolling through and creeping inside and all that is totally awesome. The reason why I like this piece so much is how original it is. Normally people write about how scary and consuming and monstrous insanity is, but your narrator longs for it, to be part of the family, to see the colors.
I do think several lines are unecessary, though, and cutting them out would make the piece pop a bit more.

Post a Comment