Saturday, March 2, 2013

Struck by Lightning

Pulsing through clouds, your searing form travels.
You’re not to be hindered by any towers or castles.
Some down here say that you’re thrown by the dead,
But the fact that you’re weather is not quite in their head.
Nature is random, this I know for sure.
But even so, I wish for one favor more.
Next time it storms, though I do this every time,
I’ll lay in my yard, just peaceful and fine.
Watching your fleeting beauty flash all over the ground.
Although your missing one simple, trifle mound
Of me, that would be, and now for my plea.

Next time it storms, I wish you would strike me.
Next time it storms, I daresay you can smite me.
Next time it storms.

I’m not quite sure if my goal’s to lose my life.

I’m not quite sure if this is worth all the strife.
I must point out, if my life I have tossed,
Into your hands, one can’t say it’s been lost.
I know right where it is, though it’s no longer mine.
It over to you, I did willingly consign.
Given the time I may do it myself,
Stacking my story on the back of some old dusty shelf.
Doesn’t that happen to us all eventually?
But I know red flowing down the drain won’t change the color of the sea.
And now I digress, for this I apologize.
The bolt that will hit me, it matters not its size.
No matter how intense, a crushing feather-weight will find me.
This is a goal I hope no others see.

Next time it storms, I’ll be out in my yard.
Next time it storms, I hope it’s me you’ll bombard.
Next time it storms, I wish you would strike me.
Next time it storms, I daresay you can smite me.
Next time it storms.
I’ll be struck by lightning.

-Jessica

1 comments:

Layne said...

Wow that was really powerful!

Post a Comment