Sunday, March 3, 2013

Prompt

How...do you feel when you have a fight with a close friend?


    We have only known each other for about a year or so. I love to hang out with you, you're such a great person and a wonderful friend. You spend your lunches with me and walk with me after school. We spend our time away texting each other and constantly keeping in contact.

    I miss you.

    With all that has been going on with life, the depression, the lonely feeling that is constantly gripping my heart, I haven't really been the same. I'm always tired, hungry but unable to eat, cranky and irritable. I don't speak to you as much as I would like. All I do is curl up into a ball and hide my problems from everyone so that no one has to be burdened by my troubles. Recently, it has become too much and I've lashed out. I snap, whine, and bite my lip as I try to keep it under control once again. I've hurt you.

    I'm sorry.

    Please don't be mad with me. I'm trying to work on myself and resolve my own problems. I know that you've worried about me and all I've done is snap and feel upset, distancing myself from you and everyone else.

    Don't leave me.


-Chani

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've noticed that your writing is very much so in hour voice, so to speak (haha see what I did there yeah that wasn't funny). It's very you, and that's not a bad thing, but like I said before, verb tenses!!!! You switched again, not in this one (I think), but in one of your other new that you posted..., and you have to remember that this is writing and not speech. You repeat some words and phrases too close to one another, which interrupts the flow, but that can be fixed rather easily, so long as you keep writing and watch out for that kind of thing. A few of your sentences could be improved with a little bit of artistic freedom concerning grammar, but of course my fixes would center on emphasizing the drama behind things and creating a bigger impact. Sometimes it sucks to have a penchant for the dramatic. But really, keep writing and you'll improve.

-Sophia

Anonymous said...

Dang it. Spelling mistakes. I hate typing on a tablet. First sentence, your, not hour. Ha whoops.

-Sophia

Post a Comment