Saturday, March 2, 2013

Letter Prompt

My love,

When I see you, my heart fights to escape its cage, butterflies flutter, agitated and excited, in my stomach. A mixture of nervousness and tranquility fills me from the tips of my hair to the nails on my toes. I can't help but stare and marvel at your divine beauty- at your intense talent but simultaneously so short-sighted and blind. And no matter how much I want to hate you, I am unable to stop loving you. I would die to save you and would never hurt you, but I will keep my distance. I will love you from afar.

Love,
Me (Emma)


My sweet,

Though I do not know your name or face, your words fill me with a sense of joy that I have not felt in a long time. And while I'm sure the winds of fate will eventually bring us together, that day seems too terribly far away. Without you in my life I grow cold and brittle like stone, even with these few words of correspondence. My heart is ablaze, and I'm afraid that if we prolong our meeting much longer, it will turn into a charred, crumbling crisp. The sheer eloquence of your words is enough to drive anybody insane, but I fear the poetry of your letter is driving me completely mad. Before I lose my mind I must see your face and learn your name. I do wish we may meet soon, for both of out healths.

Undeniably yours,
Me (Seb)

0 comments:

Post a Comment