Friday, March 1, 2013

Letter Prompt

Dear love,

When I close my eyes I think of you. I think of how earnestly I need you. I think of the scent of your hair and even now, in my mind I can see the ever-present smudge of paint on your cheek. I loved your head in my lap as we playfully tested each other on our knowledge of worlds beyond, and of logic beyond reason. I loved soothing your headache away as I massaged your temples. What is love? Love, love, love. Love is me coming late for dinner covered in earth from our gardens and you scolding me for treading mud on the carpets. Love is peeling apples in the kitchen while you curl up by the heater with your knitting needles and smile at me. Love is the steady tune of my happiness joined by your brilliantly created harmonies as we join in song with breathless delight. It is the feeling of your long fingers brushing through my hair, working out tangles with your clever fingers. It is running a mile home in the warm spring rain, trying to hold your jacket over the both of us as we laugh helplessly. Love is lazy, messy kisses in the grey light of dawn, absently placed kisses on the cheek, deep wet desperate kisses, I'm-glad-you're-here-kisses, please-don't-ever-let-me-go kisses. Love is listening to the symphony of our breathing in bed together while silent snow fell outside, drunk on our warm skin, strong heartbeats, and secrets safe between us. Love was you. Now you are gone, and I am empty.

-Lost (Kris)


My Heart,

When I fall asleep, I dream of you. I dream of your smile, as the sun warms your face. I dream of us, slowly wading into the creek, knee deep, on a hot summer's day. Remember our trip to the seaside? You packed those special sandwiches you spent all morning on? But the basket was dropped, they got sandy, and we ended up feeding them to the seagulls. I remember our third date; I took you to see the stars. You were glowing as you mentioned how beautiful the sky looked. Yes. "Beautiful," I had said, my eyes only on you. Through everything, you still retained your humor, and often laughed at yourself. I love that about you. I also love your voice. I love how you always sang to me when I was sick. But my favorite moments were always sparked with you randomly bursting into a ditty, welcoming me into your world of wonder and song.
I never believed in love at first sight until I met you. Our eyes met, as we breathed in the sight of the other. I was quite shocked to find that your eyes held such tenderness and warmth. I was immediately captivated. Then you smiled at me and accepted me into your world. You were just so welcoming. I swear our souls and minds connected in that moment. When I said ran across Main St. to say hello, our life flashed before my eyes. Then I said hi to you, and my heart became yours. I still don't know how easily you let me in. I don't deserve your love. That is why I have to leave.

-Forever Yours (Kae)

0 comments:

Post a Comment